Norway is one of the Scandinavian countries with a great reputation for educational migration and higher education. This famous European country has become very popular among those interested in studying immigration in recent years, the most important reason being the possibility of studying for free in Norway. In fact, international students do not need to pay tuition to study in this country and can study for free. It should be noted that Norwegian universities are among the top universities in the world, so that the University of Oslo and the University of Bergen are ranked below 200 in the QS ranking system.
In addition to having an outstanding education system, Norway is also one of the best countries in the world in terms of standards and quality of life. The level of welfare and social security in this country is such that every year it is selected as one of the best cities in the world to live in. The crime rate in this country is very low and public health services are widespread. Due to the right balance between private and professional life, many young people dream of migrating to Norway, which is one of the easiest ways to achieve this through education.
Although studying in Norway is free for international students, foreign students must apply for a student visa for € 12,000, which is equivalent to one year of living in Norway. In general, the cost of living in this country, which is equivalent to 1400-2200 Euros per month, makes students apply for various scholarships. Here are some of the most popular fully funded scholarship in norway for international students.
Norwegian government scholarships for international students
Norwegian Quota Scheme
This scholarship is for students from developing countries who have applied to Norwegian universities (excluding Iran). The purpose of this scholarship is to help increase the educational and scientific capacity of the countries of origin of the students, in other words, the Norwegian government is trying to take steps towards the growth and development of developing countries. This scholarship usually includes courses offered in English and even specialized courses in this country. International students are entitled to a scholarship equal to local students, 40% of which is granted as a scholarship and the remaining 60% as a loan.
Erasmus + Scholarship Program in Norway
Erasmus is one of the largest scholarship and grant organizations in Europe. Students interested in studying in European countries can apply for different types of scholarships if their destination university is a member of the Erasmus program. The most popular type of these scholarships are for participating in a student exchange program in which both the source and destination universities must be members of the Erasmus project. These programs are offered at all levels of education, from bachelor to doctorate, and eligible applicants receive € 250-850 per month. Erasmus students are also generally exempt from paying tuition, registration fees, lab or other university facilities.
Norwegian University Scholarships for International Students
As studying in Norway does not include tuition fees for students, the number of university scholarships in this country is also very limited. However, some Norwegian universities, such as the University of Norway, offer research fellowships in their postgraduate courses. This means that students with a brilliant resume can apply to participate in research projects at the university and work as a research assistant at the university during their studies by corresponding with the relevant professor or department and sending the required documents. Research assistants often receive a monthly stipend to cover their living expenses in Norway.
Who can receive a scholarship?
Based on the report of StudyinNorway , receiving a scholarship can be difficult and complicated due to the intense competition. Thousands apply for various government and university scholarships each year, but only a few qualify for the scholarship. Scholarships can be based on a person’s academic record or financial needs, among which it is more difficult to obtain merit-based scholarships. However, receiving a scholarship is not impossible, you can increase your chances of getting a scholarship and fund by strengthening your resume by earning a high language score, having research papers, taking the GRE test, doing volunteer activities, relevant work experience, and more. Give.