There are basically three options when outsourcing digital marketing services. So, how do they compare? There are pros and cons to each.
The three options include a professional SEO company, an SEO agency, and a freelance SEO expert.
They all have the same goal. They use their knowledge and expertise to increase your website's visibility and improve the search engine result page ranking.
Additionally, all three perform similar SEO processes but to different degrees. For example, they begin with a website analysis, then prepare your website, making a keywords list and perform an online competitor's analysis.
They then move on and do a website situation analysis, add in website optimization techniques like setting up the technical SEO and using On-page and Off-page optimization.
Then they perform a post-optimization analysis and finally measure and compare results to evaluate improvements.
There are pros, cons, and benefits to each one. Let's evaluate each one.
First, let's begin with an SEO agency.
Depending on their size, SEO agencies offer a myriad of services attempting to be everything to everyone. However, these are the pros and cons of hiring an SEO agency.
Pros and Cons of hiring an SEO agency include:
- Agency's offer a variety of marketing services – a one-stop-shop if you will.
- They can leverage experiences with existing clients to provide exactly what you need
- They will be monitoring your site's progress which will get you the results you expect
- They have an office that you can contact during business hours
- They are available for in-person appointments
- They will provide you with an initial assessment of your website and produce in-depth reports and data tracking
- They use software that keeps them on task for your project
- They will focus heavily on backlinks and gaining backlinks because they understand those things matter
- They can also focus more on On-Page SEO
- They have business models of how websites rank based on your type of site
- If your agency is competent, you can leave SEO operations to them
- Agencies can be costly, with some charging more than $3,000 per month
- They will not be available during off-business hours
- They may have a delayed response which could be a problem if your business requires a sudden change in your online marketing strategy
- Employee turnover can be high, which means the possibility of establishing a relationship with new players often.
Agency players tend to be a little less personable because they work with a larger number of clients
Second, let's see what freelance SEO experts have to offer.
Freelance SEO experts aren't associated with any organization or agency. They work independently, so they work on only a handful of projects at any given time.
They will take on a client's SEO project and make sure to put in their best to deliver premium results when it comes to rankings, traffic, and branding.
Small to mid-size businesses with budget constraints want less expensive SEO services so, hiring a freelance SEO expert is ideal.
Freelancers will also be more accessible and amenable to working one-on-one with clients.
Lastly, freelance SEO experts work on a job-by-job, project-by-project basis. Once the task is complete, you can part ways until your next project.
The benefits of hiring a freelance SEO expert are:
- Cost-Effectiveness – Hired on a pay as you go basis
- Flexibility – Their work schedules are flexible
- 24/7 Availability – The vast majority of freelancers can adjust to your time zone
- Worldwide Reach – This benefit allows for a more diverse expert
Third, there are benefits to hiring a professional SEO company. Let's take a look.
Professional SEO companies are similar to agency SEO companies, but professional SEO companies tend to be larger in scope and size. They tend to be more costly but have proven their worth by producing results for their clients.
The top benefits of hiring a professional SEO company include:
- Branding awareness and business goals – Professional SEO companies use multiple SEO strategies to ensure your website ranks higher, resulting in improved traffic and users who can quickly become customers.
- Better Website – The main reason to hire a professional SEO company is to improve your website. Professional firms have well-trained teams equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve a business's marketing goals.
- Network Building – Hiring a professional SEO company can expose you to a massive network that includes diversity. Studies reveal that the average American spends close to seven hours each day on the internet. Successful businesses use this online presence to create lasting networks with potential consumers.
- Time Efficiency – Running any business requires handling multiple time-consuming tasks. Professional web designing companies understand SEO and can create a functional website within a short amount of time.
- Customized Services – A credible professional firm will help you strategize on what works best for you and your company. Every business has strengths and weaknesses, and the marketing model employed will be different from other firms.
So, there you have it. Three options to increase the visibility of your website and improve your SERP ranking.
We believe that the complexities of digital marketing and the ever-changing search engine algorithms force companies competing for website visibility and user traffic to outsource search engine optimization services.
Search engine optimization has become too complex, too costly, and too time-consuming to handle on your own. In addition, your competition is already using these services to improve their visibility and boost their SERP rankings, moving them to the top spots.
The pandemic has undoubtedly caused an increase in national internet traffic and engagement due to the lockdowns and people working from home.
E-commerce has soared to heights never seen before.
But, most importantly, the ranking of your website and its overall visibility is paramount to doing business over the internet.
It is not a time to wait and see. It is a time to act.