Cross Border Tax Specialists

Drag to rearrange sections
Rich Text Content
But, few though they are, there can be downsides to being an expatriate, and financial planning involving two countries can get rather complicated. IWTA This is particularly the case if you have UK property, receive income from the UK and/or have heirs living there. It can all be sorted out with research and planning, but you do need to make sure you understand all the rules, how they can apply to you and your family, and what steps you take to establish the best outcome. Justin supports the next generation of tax professionals through teaching Canadian income tax at Kings University in London, ON and volunteering in the grading of the Financial Planning Standard’s Counsel’s final examinations. He has also spoken at many events on cross-border estate planning and on the future of the profession and regularly participates in U.S.

Your income will, however, will still be subject to the tax rules of your home country . The US / UK cross border service is primarily financial planning. There are tax and legal implications of being a US connected individual, therefore all of our recommendations are sensitive to this. We regularly work with cross border tax and legal specialists who can also assist you with your planning. Blevins Franks has been providing specialist financial advice to British expatriates across Europe for over forty years.

All members of the team from our lawyers to our administrative assistants and support staff are bilingual. Our team of dual qualified lawyers has firsthand knowledge of the interaction of the French and English/UK legal and tax systems. We have huge experience in the field of the various taxes and duties in connection to French property ownership and how it affects foreign domiciled individuals. Linda Field began working at Cross Border Tax & Accounting in 2006 and has been a tax manager since 2009. She specializes in helping clients prepare individual taxes in both the U.S. and Canada and helps clients solve cross-border tax compliance issues.

You don’t want an unexpected call from CRA or the IRS so our team will make sure you are taken care of on both sides of the border. However, if the performance or event is exclusively or mainly supported by public funds or if the money you earned is insignificant, some countries will not tax your income.

We can help you develop a business plan, acquire the proper VISA, and setup your financial plan and cross border tax strategy. If you live a cross border lifestyle and do business or work in both countries, then you need to establish a cross border tax plan. Our team of cross-border tax planning professionals will assist you in implementing and developing an efficient cross border strategy. They work with you to legally and successfully reduce your tax liability in the U.S. and Canada to support your cross-border lifestyle.

Linda holds a BBA from the University of Arizona School of Business and received her CPA designation in 1989 in the state of Arizona. When not at the office, Linda enjoys traveling with her family and hiking with her two dogs. As a Canadian business owner with operations in the U.S. or as an American business owner with operations in Canada, reducing your tax burden requires practical tax strategies and realistic solutions that address your particular needs. The right advice from a team of cross-border taxation professionals not only avoids filing error penalties but also ensures the inclusion of every available deduction opportunity. David Levine, Wayne Tibbetts and Linda Field bring a breadth and depth of experience in developing tax strategies that mitigate the tax burden in both countries.

Justin’s practice focuses on developing innovative solutions to tax and estate planning needs of individuals and businesses working and living in Canada and abroad. We offer corporate tax services to businesses opening cross-border branches or filing tax returns for expat employees.

A move of this nature is complex as it involves understanding laws in multiple jurisdictions and how they interact. To learn more about us, please visit the Types of Clients or Services sections of our website. He practices in the areas of international tax and estate planning with a focus on Canada-U.S.

Our expertise covers tax, estate planning, pensions and investment management to offer a genuinely holistic approach to financial planning. So cross-border tax and estate planning can both be minefields; tread very carefully. At Blevins Franks, with 40 years of experience, we know our way around the tricky landscape and can help you avoid the pitfalls and take advantage of the various opportunities France has to offer.

As the manager of the Cross-Border Tax Services Team, Nadia leverages her wealth of experience in Canadian and U.S. corporate and personal tax to guide our team in identifying and satisfying the tax needs of our international clients. Nadia takes pride in helping our clients navigate the complexities of international tax to allow them to focus on growing their businesses. She is also the person to call if you have a tax problem to be solved or want to know what to look out for when expanding to a new jurisdiction.

We can guide you on portable solutions should you or your spouse return to the UK one day. The UK gives you freedom to choose who to leave your assets to; France’s Napoleonic law imposes ‘forced heirship’ with specific rules as to who must inherit and in what amounts. You can use the European Succession Regulations, Brussels IV, to opt for the succession law of your country of nationality to apply. Electing for the rules and laws of the UK instead of France could call your French domicile into doubt, potentially exposing your worldwide estate to UK inheritance tax and rendering your French succession planning obsolete.

If you are an American moving to Canada or if you are a Canadian moving to the United States, it’s important to plan ahead so that you can minimize taxes. Our cross-border tax services is catered towards both individuals and corporations. We develop specific tax planning that minimizes your overall tax obligations through eliminating double taxation while ensuring full compliance with the IRS and CRA. For corporations that are looking to move and conduct business across the border, we can devise a cross-border corporate structure that will reduce overall tax liability. This experience enables Osler to provide comprehensive guidance; clients can obtain all of their business-critical advice from a single firm – an efficient and cost-effective solution.

Online retailers must meet high customer expectations when it comes to the entire shopping experience — from browsing to delivery. Cross-border sellers must ensure that customs duties and import taxes are accurately calculated at the time of checkout to mitigate compliance risks and avoid negative customer experiences with surprise costs at the time of delivery. Unfortunately, for many businesses, the task of manually assigning tariff codes and calculating customs duties and taxes is resource intensive, costly, and subject to human error.

We can help contractors with every aspect of cross-border/expatriate tax – including planning, registration and compliance. We can also provide help at the end of an assignment, when tax affairs need to be concluded. And working in a different country doesn’t just raise tax issues – we help with other considerations such as social security, allowances for expatriates, insurance, pensions and more. Avalara helps businesses of all sizes get tax compliance right.

No two countries have the same tax laws and rules, and there are some significant differences between the French and UK regimes. This means your tax planning in each country is different, and many expatriates have to take not one, but two sets of rules into account.

providing international knowledge and expertise, with personalized local service. They specialize in US and Canada cross-border tax preparation, tax planning and compliance needs.

Osler has provided cross-border taxation advice to both Canadian and U.S. corporations from a broad range of sectors, including energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, private equity, big tech, financial institutions and pension funds. Perhaps most imperative, however, is the need for strategic, sophisticated and integrated advice that takes into account U.S. federal and state taxation laws and how they interact with Canadian tax planning strategies and guidelines.

Our knowledge, experience and use of technology make us a great partner for your cross-border tax advice and business strategies. The U.S. federal and state governments have long-standing policies of offering voluntary disclosure programs and initiatives for both individual and business taxpayers.

Canadian tax development discussions as a member of DFK Canada’s tax committee. Greenberg Traurig has broad international capabilities assisting clients in planning tax-efficient operations, structures, and financing, while taking into consideration U.S. and cross-border taxation. , an integrated offering that helps businesses sell internationally by managing the complexity of customs duty and import tax compliance. The new offering builds on Avalara’s range of technological solutions available to improve the cross-border compliance experience for businesses. We support every client, allowing them to feel confident when facing challenges that confront people who conduct business on both sides of the border.

We will be your authority with respect to all aspects of your cross-border tax needs. We can work with you as an individual, or we can contribute our specialized knowledge and services to work cooperatively with your other financial advisors. We also provide confidential services to lawyers, accounting firms, and other financial professionals who can benefit from our international tax expertise.

To avoid double taxation, you can claim a foreign tax credit on your US return for the American taxes paid. If you’re an individual living or working in the UK /Ireland or receive a foreign income, or a business owner operating in Ireland and/or UK, we can give you all the cross-border advice you need.

Cross-border partnership structures can lead to complex tax situations. An entity may be taxed as a partnership in one country and a corporation in another, which can lead to double taxation of the income. We evaluate the entity's structure to determine which tax rules apply to maximize the tax benefits in both countries. Whether it’s employment income, other compensation, capital gains or real estate rentals, the complexities of the tax and compliance regulations require a serious understanding of the U.S.-Canada tax treaty. Altro LLP provides cross-border and domestic tax, estate planning, and real estate services to high net-worth individuals and families across Canada and the United States.

offshore llc asset protection Canadian and U.S. corporations engaged in cross-border operations, including financings, acquisitions and divestitures, face unique and complex tax issues. To ensure dealings are structured to maximize tax efficiencies and minimize tax liabilities, businesses must be aware of and comply with all relevant tax legislation and regulations on both sides of the border. With today’s climate of increased scrutiny from both tax authorities and the public, the potential reputational and financial impacts of non-compliance cannot be underestimated. Our US Tax Group provides tax consultation and return preparation services to individuals and corporations on either side of the Canada-US border. We also work with partnerships, and estates/trusts that may be exposed to cross-border tax issues.

We also consult businesses considering doing business in the U.S. or Canada. These services include tax planning and advice on incorporation and entity structure for corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships transitioning from one country to another. Serbinski Accounting Firms specialize in Canadian and American cross-border taxation. As a cross border tax accounting firm, we bring over 30 years of international tax expertise to our clients in Canada and the U.S.

His practice is focused on assisting clients that face taxation in both Canada and the U.S. As part of his practice, Jonah has guided countless Canadian clients through the US real estate process as buyer and seller. Licensed to practice law in British Columbia and California, Jonah can give advice on both sides of the border, and implement that advice to create tax efficient investment structures to suit client objectives. We are a cross border tax and financial planning firm with extensive experience working with Canadians moving to the US, Americans moving to Canada, US citizens living in Canada and professionals being relocated between both countries. There are many factors that go into a change in residency between Canada and US.

IWTA helps taxpayers navigate that haven’t filed U.S. income tax returns or all appropriate international disclosures navigate the system, file the appropriate documents, and get back in compliance. This unique skill set leads to enhanced client service by providing integrated cross border professional services through one team.

With offices in Toronto and Chicago, we are ideally poised to help clients on either side of the border, and are licensed to represent you in all states and provinces. Check with the tax authorities which rules apply to your case.

UK nationals living in France should pay close attention to their tax planning and estate planning. Getting it wrong can have costly consequences, so you need to understand the rules of both countries and how they interact together to establish the best solution for you and your family. You will have to file a non-resident return with the CRA and pay Canadian income taxes on your Canadian income.

If you have not been keeping up with your cross-border taxes, you may feel overwhelmed by all the tax rules and compliance issues. We can be your advocate and represent you in dealings with the IRS to ensure you are using all the available programs. Our team has over 20 years of experience in providing tax compliance services to a variety of different clients, including US citizens and green card holders, Canadian residents, part-year residents as well as non-residents. Kaman Kwok Inc. is a dynamic and growing boutique tax consulting and accounting firm located on West Broadway, in Vancouver, B.C.

Ensure you know the cross border tax implications before filing for your taxes in the U.S. and Canada. More importantly, before you move speak to a Tax specialist and ensure you have put your affairs in order in your home country so you do not have tax issues while abroad.

Our accountants understand the interaction of the Canada U.S. Tax Treaty with domestic tax rules. Our services include compliance and research either through your firm, or directly to your client. Taxation can be the most complicated and stressful part of your international move. We are experts in income tax and estate-planning issues faced by individual Canadian and American expatriates living in their neighbouring country. A US Canada tax preparation expert will guide you through the minefield of double taxation and ensure you only pay what you are legally required.
Drag to rearrange sections
Rich Text Content

Page Comments

No Comments

Add a New Comment:

You must be logged in to make comments on this page.